Broad Dyke Wetlands

Broad Dyke Wetlands featured image

The town of New Castle, Delaware was founded in 1651 and much of the historic town remains, creating a window in time to the Colonial Era. TPL worked hand in hand with the town to protect the 60-acre Broad Dyke property along the Delaware River, which includes significant tidal and freshwater wetlands as well as forested uplands. The property, which has been owned by a local church since 1719,  will provide a new natural area as well as the opportunity to extend the town’s Riverwalk bike and pedestrian path over a quarter of a mile from the downtown area to the historic Glebe Farmhouse and Glebe Cemetery.