Sponsored by Trust for Public Land, 23 Geary Street, Suite 1000, San Francisco, CA 94108, and Backroads, 801 Cedar Street, Berkeley, CA 94710 (“Sponsors”).
NO DONATION OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PARTICIPATION IN THIS GIVEAWAY DOES NOT REQUIRE ENTRANT TO MAKE A DONATION TO TRUST FOR PUBLIC LAND NOR A PURCHASE FROM BACKROADS. MAKING A DONATION OR PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Who is eligible: This Giveaway is open only to legal US residents who are 18 years old or older as of September 1, 2023. Residents of Florida and New York are not eligible. Employees of Trust for Public Land, Backroads, their subsidiaries, and affiliates, or of other entities associated with the promotion of the Giveaway, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these Official Rules for the Giveaway (“Official Rules”). All federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Entry Period: The Giveaway on tpl.org/backroads begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 1, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2023 (the “Entry Period”).
3. How to Enter: You can enter the Giveaway by visiting tpl.org/backroads and completing the entry form.
4. Selection of Prize Winner: There will be one winner (“Winner”) in this Giveaway. The Winner of the Giveaway will be selected in a random drawing (“Drawing”), which will be held on or about October 4, 2023, at Trust for Public Land, 23 Geary Street, Suite 1000, San Francisco, CA 94108. The Drawing will be conducted by Trust for Public Land or its representatives, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Giveaway.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): The prize (“Prize”) awarded in this Giveaway consists of a Backroads U.S.- based trip savings voucher for a tour for two people (in the 23 US states where Backroads runs trips) with an estimated retail value of ten thousand dollars ($10,000). Airfare, ground transportation, pre- and post-tour accommodations, and trip leader gratuity, are not included, and the Winner is responsible for the cost of the Backroads tour in excess of the Prize amount $10,000.
Backroads Trip Savings Voucher in the amount of up to $10,000 USD will be applied to the cost of a single US-based Backroads trip for one to two travelers. The Backroads Trip Savings Voucher has no cash value. Any leftover or unused value will be forfeited. This Savings Voucher may not be combined with other offers and is non-transferable to any other person. Backroads Trip Savings Voucher is not refundable and has no cash value. Trip Savings Voucher can be transferred to a different US-based Backroads trip prior to trip final payment (generally 105 days prior to departure) with no penalty. If guest cancellation or transfer occurs after final payment, the savings is reduced in accordance with the cancellation schedule found in Backroads’ general terms and conditions. Any additional money paid towards the trip can be transferred onto the guest’s account in the full amount paid as future trip savings or is subject to the cancellation schedule found in Backroads’ general terms and conditions if the guest chooses to receive a refund of money paid. If the guest cancels or transfers within 30 days of departure, all trip savings and any additional money paid toward the trip is subject to 100% penalty. As a condition of participation on a Backroads trip, Winner and all traveling companions must read and sign a “Backroads Release, Assumption of All Risks and Binding Arbitration Agreement,” and complete a “Personal Information Form.” By signing the Release, among other things, the Winner and all traveling companions affirm that they are choosing a trip appropriate to the physical exertion for which they are prepared. Backroads requires all forms to be completed prior to final payment. No changes are allowed to the printed language on the forms and Backroads is unable to allow guests to participate in any aspect of a Backroads trip without a signed “Release, Assumption of All Risks, and Binding Arbitration Agreement.” The Backroads Trip Savings Voucher expires on December 31, 2025. Contact Backroads at 800-GO-ACTIVE or www.backroads.com to order a free catalog.
6. Prize Conditions: No substitution of the Prize will be permitted. The Winner may waive their right to receive the Prize. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-refundable, non-transferable, has no cash value, and must be accepted by the Winner as awarded and Backroads trip selection is subject to availability. Winner is solely responsible for complying with any applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations applicable to the Prize. All costs associated with acceptance or use of the Prize, except as expressly set forth in the Official Rules, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. To the extent required by law, Sponsors will issue an IRS Form 1099 to the Winner to report the value of the Prize received.
7. Winner Notification and Conditions: The Winner will be notified within 48 hours of the Drawing by email. At the sole discretion of the Sponsors, disqualification, forfeiture, and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (a) the Winner’s failure to timely respond to the notification; (b) the Winner’s failure to validly and timely claim the Prize; or (c) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of Prize forfeiture, the Sponsors will award the forfeited Prize to an alternate Winner.
8. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received during the Entry Period.
9. Release and Indemnification: By participating in the Giveaway, participants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Trust for Public Land, Backroads, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and other individuals engaged in the promotion of this Giveaway, from any liability, claims, losses, and damages arising out of or relating to their participation in this Giveaway or the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize received in this Giveaway. Such release applies wholly to Instagram and Facebook.
10. Sponsor Reservation of Rights: Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify or terminate this Giveaway in the event of any act, occurrence, or reason that it believes would corrupt the integrity, administration, or fairness of the Giveaway.
11. Non-Affiliation Disclaimer: This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media site. Specifically, this Giveaway is not in any way affiliated with, or endorsed by Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, or X.
12. Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, by accepting the Prize, the Winner grants permission for Sponsors and their agents to use his/her/their name, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, merchandising, promotion and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.