Our Conservation Finance Program provides professional, technical assistance services to state and local government executives, legislatures, and public agencies that need to research and evaluate conservation finance options. Our pragmatic approach focuses on researching and developing legislative and ballot measures that reflect public priorities, often evaluated through public opinion surveys.
Our technical assistance services include:
- Feasibility research: exploring funding and ballot measure options and evaluates their legal, fiscal, and political constraints.
- Public opinion surveys: managing surveys by expert polling firms to gauge voter support for alternative funding methods and measure types.
- Program recommendations: providing models and recommendations for operating conservation programs.
- Measure design: For ballot measures, we advise on the optimal funding method, amount of funding, election timing, and ballot language. For legislative measures, we recommend funding methods and amount, as well as advising on program design.
- Legislative support: our services include bill drafting, expert testimony, and designing legislative strategies.