The Trust for Public Land "Land&People Reader Survey” Giveaway OFFICIAL RULES
Sponsored by The Trust for Public Land, 101 Montgomery Street, 9th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104.
NO DONATION OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PARTICIPATION IN THIS GIVEAWAY DOES NOT REQUIRE ENTRANT TO MAKE A DONATION. MAKING A DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Who is eligible: This Giveaway is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 or older as of August 31, 2022. Employees of The Trust for Public Land, subsidiaries and affiliates, or of other entities associated with the promotion of the Giveaway, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these Official Rules for the Giveaway (“Official Rules”). All federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Entry Period: The Giveaway begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 1, 2022, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 30, 2022 (the “Entry Period”).
- How to enter: Complete the survey bound between pages 16 and 17 of the fall/winter 2022 issue of Land&People magazine and return it by mail (no postage needed), postmarked no later than September 30, 2022. Or, complete the survey online at tpl.org/lp-survey by 11:59 p.m. ET September 30, 2022. Use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, programmed or similar entry methods is prohibited. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or delayed submissions.
- Selection of Prize Winner: There will be 5 winners (“Winners”) in this Giveaway. The Winners of the Giveaway will be selected in a random drawing (“Drawing”), which will be held on or about October 6, 2022. Winners will be notified via phone or email within two weeks of the giveaway closing date of September 30, 2022. The Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its representatives, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Giveaway. Each person may only win one prize.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): The prize (“Prize”) awarded to each winner in this Giveaway has an approximate retail value of 140 dollars ($140) and contains a MiiR Flip Traveler mug with an approximate retail value of 25 dollars ($25), a Trust for Public Land baseball cap with an approximate retail value of 20 dollars ($20), a Trust for Public Land-patterned bandana with an approximate retail value of 15 dollars ($15), and a one-year America the Beautiful national parks pass with an approximate value of 80 dollars ($80).
- Prize Conditions: Lost, stolen or damaged prizes will not be replaced or exchanged. No substitution of prizes will be permitted. If the Prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Winner may waive their right to receive the Prize. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-refundable, has no cash value, and must be accepted by the Winner as awarded. Winner is solely responsible for complying with any applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to the Prize. All costs associated with acceptance or use of the Prize, except as expressly set forth in the Official Rules, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. To the extent required by law, Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099 to the Winner to report the value of the Prize received. Sponsor will be responsible to pay all federal, state, and local taxes for the value of the Prize on behalf of the Winner.
- Winners Notification and Conditions: Winners will be notified via the phone number or email provided with the completed survey within two weeks of the giveaway closing date of September 30, 2022. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (a) the Winner’s failure to timely respond to the notification; (b) the Winner’s failure to validly and timely claim the Prize; or (c) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of Prize forfeiture, the Sponsor will award the forfeited Prize to an alternate Winner.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received during the Entry Period.
- Release and Indemnification: By participating in the Giveaway, participants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and other individuals engaged in the promotion of this Giveaway, from any liability, claims, losses, and damages arising out of or relating to their participation in this Giveaway or the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize received in this Giveaway.
- Sponsor Reservation of Rights: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or terminate this Giveaway in the event of any act, occurrence, or reason that it believes would corrupt the integrity, administration, or fairness of the Giveaway.
- Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Prize, the Winner grants permission for Sponsor and its agents to use his/her/their name, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, merchandising, promotion and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.