IT Director (location flexible)
Trust for Public Land (TPL) is a national nonprofit that works to connect everyone to the benefits and joys of the outdoors. As a leader in equitable access to the outdoors, TPL works with communities to create parks and protect public land where they are needed most. Since 1972, TPL has protected more than 4 million acres of public land, created more than 5,364 parks, trails, schoolyards, and iconic outdoor places, raised $93 billion in public funding for parks and public lands, and connected nearly 9.4 million people to the outdoors.
TPL’s IT team is looking for a dynamic and dedicated IT Director to oversee and contribute to the support and maintenance of the organizations’ IT infrastructure.
Come be a part of an extraordinary organization that has created more than 5,000 parks, protected 3 million acres of natural areas, generated $80 billion for parks and conservation, and help put more than 8 million people within a 10-minute walk of a park.
Reporting to the VP of IS, the IT Director is both a partner to the VP of IS in leadership and management, and an individual contributor across a wide range of departmental operations which include IT infrastructure, IT Helpdesk, and standards and policies for IT applications and hardware.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Direct, supervise, and train helpdesk technicians including oversight of workload and prioritization of tasks
- Ensure high quality of customer service and compliance by technicians to Helpdesk policies, standards and SLAs
- Assess day-to-day support activities to align focus with established team priorities and to minimize user downtime
- Act as escalation point for support issues as needed
- Assist the VP of IS with building and maintaining a collaborative, cohesive, productive Operations team, fostering a pleasant and appealing work environment
- Manage projects related to the implementation of new systems and technologies
- Assess quality of and suggest and implement improvements to IT technology, procedures, policies
- Assess emerging technologies to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities
- Oversee the timely maintenance of hardware and software inventories
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of The Trust for Public Land;
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events;
- Anticipate the needs of teammates and colleagues by constantly evaluating those individuals and the environment for cues;
- Deliver outstanding service to teammates and colleagues;
- Approach job functions and teammates with the flexibility to facilitate rapidly adjusting to address competing priorities;
- Manage competing priorities and resolve them to deliver optimal outcomes;
- Define needs, design solutions, and deliver desirable outcomes in a timely manner.
- 10 Years + experience in leading information technology teams
- Well-developed and effective verbal and written communication skills used in working with peers and employees at all levels of the organization
- Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management
- Advanced skills in supporting Windows desktop OS, Windows-based applications, Office365, SharePoint, OneDrive and Active Directory
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and management skills
- Adapt constructively to rapidly changing dynamics and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively deal with internal customers; foster open upward and downward communication within the organization built on mutual respect
- Through understanding of IT and practical applications to support the company’s goals
- Experienced in managing complex and sensitive operational challenges
- Experienced in identifying issues, driving to root cause and able to negotiate solutions
- Project management skills to manage the process of providing excellent technical and customer support
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Proven experience in driving technology improvement initiatives from concept to implementation
- Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel at least 2-3 times a year
As a full-time exempt employee, you will be eligible for Trust for Public Land’s comprehensive benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, 16 holidays, and a 403(b) retirement plan, currently with an up to 7% company match. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience. The anticipated hiring range for this position is $115,000-140,000.
Trust for Public Land’s active goal is to be an inclusive and equitable place to work and build community. As the organization actively works to eliminate racial and other disparities it welcomes candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skillsets and experiences.