Intern - Community Preservation Coalition
The Coalition offers an opportunity to build your skills in:
- Communications and social media outreach
- Nonprofit media development
- Community engagement
- Website design and maintenance
- Event planning
…and your knowledge of:
- Smart growth
- Affordable Housing
- Easements and open space preservation
- Historic Preservation
- Municipal law
- Massachusetts state and local politics
Specifically, we seek an intern to assist with:
CPA Communications and Social Media Outreach
As the Community Preservation Act continues to gain traction and interest across the state of Massachusetts, the Coalition is seeking a personable, proactive, and tech-savvy candidate to help us promote the ongoing success that CPA has demonstrated since its inception in 2001. The chosen candidate will work closely with the Communications Director to launch a social media presence and develop community outreach campaigns focused on advocating the positive impact that CPA has had in the 160+ cities and towns that have adopted the program.
Coalition General Assistance
Assistance with conference and event planning, website updates, and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate coursework preferred.Interest in public administration, social media and website design, content creation, community engagement, open space preservation, affordable housing, historic preservation, and outdoor recreation.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Strong website, social media, and online competency.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.