Arnold graduated Cum Laude from Adams State College with a BA in Social Welfare. After completing a graduate degree in Social Work Administration at the University of Michigan, he began a long and extensive career in the field of community mental health by returning to the San Luis Valley, where his family has lived since 1851.
For ten years, he directed the San Luis Valley Community Mental Health Center, prior to organizing SyCare LLC, a managed care company offering mental health services to 19 rural and frontier counties in southern Colorado.
In 2005, he became CEO of Colorado Health Partnerships. This partnership was in place for a total of 23 years until 2018, when he started a consulting company, Strategic Executive Advantage. His focus now is partnering with mental health providers across 43 counties, mostly in rural Colorado, to help navigate the ever-changing landscape of behavioral health.
Volunteer and community involvement:
- Connect for Health Colorado – Insurance Market Place Board Vice Chair
- Adams State University, Chairman of the Board
- Girl Scouts of Colorado, Board Member
- Laradon Hall, Board Member
- Colorado Tele-Health Network
- Care Point, Vice Chair
- Colorado Behavioral Health Council