If you are 70½ or older, you're eligible to contribute up to $100,000 tax-free from your IRA to The Trust for Public Land, and still count it for the 2013 tax year. Congress has extended this special opportunity through December 31, 2013.
- The transfer counts toward your 2013 minimum distribution if made by December 31, 2013.
- Your gift is entirely tax free; you do not pay income tax on the distribution.
- Your gift provides invaluable support for The Trust for Public Land’s conservation work.
- Although the gift amount is not counted as income to you, you are also not entitled to deduct this gift as a charitable contribution on your income tax return.
- Gifts to The Trust for Public Land from your IRA must be outright gifts and cannot be used to establish a Charitable Remainder Trust or a Charitable Gift Annuity.
- This opportunity ends December 31, 2013 for the 2013 tax year.
Please consult your professional advisor regarding the tax consequences of any prospective gift. For more information about making a gift from your IRA or about other ways to support The Trust for Public Land with a planned gift, please contact:
J. Gardner Trimble
101 Montgomery St.
San Francisco, California 94104
T: (415) 495-4014 x208 F: (415) 495-4103