The Century Plan
The Century Plan-A Study of One Hundred Conservation Sites in the Barnegat Bay Watershed was published in 1995. Part of a long-term protection effort, The Century Plan describes 100 high-priority conservation and public access sites in need of protection. It identifies the top ten areas for priority protection on the basis of five criteria:
- Importance to water quality;
- Importance as wildlife habitat;
- Level of disturbance, with preference to undisturbed properties;
- Adjacency, or proximity to already protected properties; and
- Size, with a preference for properties large enough to offer significant benefit.
- Working with willing landowners and federal, state, county, and municipal authorities
The Century Plan is now available for download as a 152-page PDF with a searchable table of contents. Simply click on any page number or subject heading in the table of contents and you will be taken to the appropriate page and section. Please note: the file is roughly 11MB in size and may download slowly.