The Century Plan
The Century Plan-A Study of One Hundred Conservation Sites in the Barnegat Bay Watershed was published in 1995. Part of a long-term protection effort, this report describes 100 high-priority conservation and public access sites in need of protection. It identifies the top ten areas for priority protection on the basis of five criteria:
- Importance to water quality;
- Importance as wildlife habitat;
- Level of disturbance, with preference to undisturbed properties;
- Adjacency, or proximity to already protected properties; and
- Size, with a preference for properties large enough to offer significant benefit.
- Working with willing landowners and federal, state, county, and municipal authorities
This report is available for download as a 152-page PDF with a searchable table of contents. Please note: the file is roughly 11MB in size and may download slowly.