Boeddeker Park - Under Construction
For questions or comments about the playground, please contact Alejandra Chiesa or 415.800.5303
The Friends of Boeddeker Park community meetings are held at 3:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month. Contact Betty Traynor for location information.
See the latest photos of the park's construction on our Facebook page.
September 2014 | What is happening
- The building is almost complete and the contractor is focusing on interior finishes and the installation of the zinc roof.
- The exterior of the park is also close to finish with the exception of a few outstanding items such as gates, signage, painting of the basketball court and other minor details.
October 2014 | What to expect
- The building and park will be complete and inspections will be scheduled including the Building Department, Mayor’s Office on Disability, and Fire Department
- The Contractor will perform any corrections needed per the inspections.
Update on schedule
- The contractor, The Trust for Public Land and SF Rec Park have been working hard to complete the park so it can open in November. However there are a few items that are not in our control such as utility connections and inspections that could delay the schedule if they do not happen according to plan.
- The complexity of this project and a state-of-the-art design, which includes many sustainability features and custom manufacturing, has required more time than expected to ensure we deliver the high quality park that this community deserves.
- While the project is in construction, SF Rec and Park is working with programming and community partners including; BGCSF, Central YMCA, Safe Passage, Friends of Boeddeker, TLHIP, Glide, Senior Center of SF, Tenderloin Police Station, Supervisor Jane Kim’s office and many other stakeholders to develop the programming structure and coordinating public and private resources in support of the activation, to ensure we deliver the high quality park that this community deserves.
This project would not have been possible without the contributions of so many committed partners and community members. Thank you for your continued support!