Photography Program Coordinator
The Photography Program Coordinator coordinates photo shoots and manages The Trust for Public Land’s photo collection in support of a wide range of marketing products such as our website, brochures, invitations, e-newsletters, blogs, social media sites, Land&People magazine, and other organizational publications and collateral.
Photo Shoot Management (60%)
- Work with creative director, staff, and photographers to successfully coordinate photo shoots around the country. Continually improve photo shoot process for maximum efficiency and photo quality. Attend a few shoots per year.
- Analyze shoot success to determine if contractual obligations and quality goals were met. Do a post-mortem w/photographers and staff as necessary, particularly to resolve any issues.
- Work with creative director to evolve and improve The Trust for Public Land’s photo collection.
- Work with senior editor and creative director to assign and organize photo shoots for Land&People magazine.
- Manage photography budgets. Keep track of and manage spending against yearly budget.
- Administer and track paperwork for shoots, such as contracts, model release forms, and invoices.
Customer Service (10%)
- Cultivate positive long-term relationships with photographers, including sharing collateral with them when their photos are used, to increase their familiarity with our brand.
- Appropriately manage photo requests from regional staff, partners, donors, and affiliates for various projects, events, or articles. Examples: creating lightboxes, resolving photo permissions for outside requests (such as media), requesting photo permission/resolving cost for internal special photo requests, such as Smugmug images.
- Provide image database tutorials to staff.
Database Management ( 30%)
- Mastery of The Trust for Public Land’s image database to achieve maximum user-friendliness.
- Add images from new and old shoots to Artesia (image database), along with appropriate metadata.
- Maintain organized hard files of photo shoots, including archival slides.
- Artesia maintenance—approve new users and manage the user list.
- Other relevant duties as necessary.
- 3-5 years experience in photo production management preferred.
- Demonstrated database management expertise. Image database management expertise preferred.
- Strong knowledge of photography software, such as Bridge and Photoshop.
- Comfortable with public speaking and with representing the organization's photography program to staff and photographers.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working successfully as part of a marketing team.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop and maintain strong and effective client and internal team relationships.
- A positive, friendly attitude.
- Must be able to train and mentor other staff in the field.
- Nonprofit marketing experience a plus.
Please apply online.