New York City Playgrounds Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator will help plan and implement stewardship and environmental education workshops for our existing and future playgrounds, with a goal of encouraging school and community use. In addition, this position will be responsible for monitoring the success of playground amenities, use and maintenance. Reporting to the Program Director of the Playgrounds program, the Program Coordinator will work in close collaboration with all staff engaged in playground work.
This position may assist in researching and responding to funders' requirements, including providing updates to funders. In addition, the position will be responsible for documenting practices and providing counsel to other playground efforts within the Trust for Public Land.
This position includes outdoor work and office work, travel to sites within New York City, and a mix of creating, organizing and implementing stewardship programs in playgrounds and gardens.
Managing various projects under the direction of the Playgrounds Director, including:
- Community engagement;
- Stewardship coordination; and oversight of small repairs to playgrounds
- Educational Outreach, including working with students in participatory design exercises and conducting environmental education workshops, including delivery of materials.
- Tracking contracts and payments to contractors
- Preparing reports on programs for the Philanthropy Department
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with partner organizations and other community-based organizations, assisting them with community support strategies.
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Natural Resources, Landscape Architecture, Planning, Horticulture, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Education or related fields
- 2+ years experience working in urban park, Environmental Education and/or playground development
- Experience working for or with community based organizations. Familiarity working within or with schools a plus.
- Experience with park or playground stewardship a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate with diverse groups and interests in dynamic inner-city environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; public speaking experience a plus.
- Computer proficiency, including database management and research
- Ability to prioritize work under deadline
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Valid driver's license, experience driving in New York City a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred
Please apply online.