Director of Annual Giving
The Annual Giving Director is responsible for the overall success of The Trust for Public Land's multichannel direct marketing efforts (direct mail and online fundraising).
The Director directs and administers all aspects of the Annual Giving program including: donor acquisition, membership & renewals, leadership giving, monthly giving, and all web-based fundraising. The Director has primary responsibility for meeting Annual Giving revenue goals and increasing the organization's donor base in line with our campaign plan and projections. The Director also oversees all receipting and acknowledgment programs and processes for the organization. The position manages the relationship with our Direct Marketing Consultants and supervises an Annual Giving Manager, Conservation Champions Manager, and Annual Giving Associate.
60% Directs, plans, manages and implements multi-channel mail and online fundraising programs including acquisition, renewal, special appeals, leadership giving, monthly giving, and acknowledgments.
- Directs and manages Direct Marketing consultants and staff to develop, write, design, produce and implement a Direct Mail and Online Giving communications. Has primary responsibility for setting strategy, schedules, managing deadlines and meeting revenue goals / increasing donor population per development plan.
- Directs all aspects of Conservation Champions leadership giving society including acquiring new members, renewing and upgrading current members, collaborating with state development staff to ensure that local cultivation activities and communications are taking place. Supervises Conservation Champions Manager.
- Oversees Annual Giving Associate on the organization-wide receipt and acknowledgments functions for the organization. Proactively creates and implements additional donor stewardship activities to order to increase donor satisfaction and retention.
- Coordinates with Marketing Department to ensure that all communications follow brand guidelines and promote current and accurate messaging/brand identity to donors. Works with editorial review board to approve direct mail content
- Actively works to integrate the program with other fundraising and communications activity across the country, in particular: Legacy Giving, Major Gift Solicitations and Marketing efforts. Actively educates field staff around Annual giving activities and schedule.
30% Development Strategy Development and Implementation
- Critical responsibility to lead an exploration of new strategies to identify and develop new constituencies to support The Trust for Public Land.
- Works with marketing, project, program and philanthropy staff to coordinate strategy and identify compelling projects/programs to showcase in fundraising activities
- Participate in Target Analytics Environmental Collaborative to benchmark The Trust for Public Land's program results against other national environmental organizations.
- Promotes, advocates, and represents Annual Giving efforts to field fundraisers, marketing department, project/program staff, and Senior Team Leadership.
10% Analysis, Reporting and Revenue Generation
- Manage the Direct Mail Budget. Updates budget forecasts in collaboration with Finance and Accounting Departments.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and annual reports for Director of Philanthropy Operations. Oversees analysis to ensure strategies are effective.
10% Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 4 to 6 or more years of experience in nonprofit fund raising, with demonstrated success in soliciting donors and prospects through large scale direct marketing efforts.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices, particularly in the areas of acknowledgment, donor relations and stewardship.
- Familiarity with Oracle database software and eCRM / web-based content management system necessary. Experience with Convio and/or basic HTML email coding a plus.
- Position requires a high degree of professionalism, tact and diplomacy, and sensitivity to highly confidential information.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission of The trust for Public Land to a diverse group of donors.
- Excellent organizational and analytic skills.
- Energetic, creative, analytical problem-solver with strong attention to detail
Please apply online.